Greater Kailash is booming with cafes, lounges and fine dining restaurants.Specialising all sorts of cuisines, GK is one of the most happening places to eat at in South Delhi. GASTRONOMICA:KITCHEN AND BAR is located in the main GK 1 Market and is amongst the most spectacular places we have been to. Lit up with beautiful little lamps in a wooden setting, surrounded by greenery; this place is super cozy and warm.
The food served and presented at Gastronomica is done in the most stylish manner. The feel is rustic, wooden and vintage at the same time. Let’s take you through the amazing dishes we tried at this place. Gastronomica has superbly re-invented some old classic dishes. The charm and taste has evolved only for the better and we bet you’d love it.
- Ratatouille Cigars: Served in glass shots dipped in chilly-cheesey dip which is to-die-for. These are veg cigar rolls and you cannot just have one.
- Eggs in a Bagel Hole: Served with potato wedges, these are little buns with the most delicious fillings.
- Quinoa Bhelpuri: One of the most uniquely-done bhel. Made with quinoa, sprinkled with spicy masala, pomegranate, namkeen; spectacularly done! If you love experimenting with food, this one should be a must order.
- Peri Peri Chicken: Classic tandoori chicken topped with peri-peri. It is served with spiced onions and green chutney.
- Galouti Kebab: Served with an ulta tawa ki roti, spiced onions and green and red chutney. The flavour of the kebab is decent and it goes pretty well with the chutneys.
- Cottage Cheese Steak: This veg cottage cheese based dish is a paradise to vegetarians. It is topped with BBQ Sauce and served with Asian green salad. A true delight!
- Chicken Ala Kiev: Spectacularly fried chicken breast stuffed with lemon herb butter and served with mashed potato and mushroom sauce which is heavenly. We highly recommend this dish to you. Its is yummilicious!
- Chicken Milanese: Pan-Fried chicken served in parmesan egg batter. Served with veggies and spaghetti arrabbiata. The cheesy and tangy flavours jell pretty well in the dish.
A spectacular meal is incomplete if not ended with desserts. The dessert is the last course and it needs to be as amazing as the entrée and the main course. It either spoils the experience or makes it even better. This is what we ate for desserts:
- AN EVENING IN JAIPORE: Malpua topped with fruits and topped with condensed milk and mascarpone cheese. This dessert is to-die-for. A classic Malpua with an unusually delicious twist.
- CHOCOLATE AND CHILLI KHEER: Order this one if you are a kheer person. This one is topped with lots of chocolate and beneath is the classic kheer. Chocolate did go pretty well with the kheer.
A dine-out is totally incomplete without something to sip along. And we truly believe in the same. We were recommended the Charcoal Martini. Gastronomica is the one and only to serve a Charcoal based drink in Delhi. We tried it and, we totally loved it!
Gastronomica has recently renamed its terrace as the Sky Bar. This place is not too high on the budget. Honestly, we expected it to be too high on the pocket; thanks to the quantity, quality, service and the food presentation. However, the pricing is fairly decent and apt.
Timings: 12 Noon to 12:30 AM
Cost for Two: INR1500 inclusive of taxes
Address: 2nd Floor, M-55, M Block Market, Greater Kailash (GK) 1, New Delhi
(Kindly use the above address, and not the one in Google Maps)
GASTRONOMICA: THE KITCHEN AND BAR –
AN OVERALL EXPERIENCE
We thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience at Gastronomica. Extremely pleased and taken aback by the more than generous hospitality team which serves you with such pleasure and happiness. A great experience, good food and the finest mocktails and cocktails accompanied by decent music. This one is the place to be at for your next dine-out.